Friday, September 5, 2008

Benjamin Graham's "Security Analysis"

I just finished scanning Security Analysis by the Dean of Wall Street.  Now you might be thinking "scanning?" but let me tell you this is a monster of a book-somewhat dense and complicated and I'm mighty proud of having scanned the whole thing in 2 months time. 
 
The book has been a great continuation in my studies of value based investing.  Just as a reminder, Warren Buffet credits value based investing for the success of Berkshire Hathaway and whenever asked about how to become a successful investor, his answer remains the same--Read Benjamin Graham! 
 
I wonder now how Graham would determine value in the more globalized economy we work in today.  Would looking at balance sheets still be enough?  I will keep this in mind as I continue on to The Intelligent Investor
 
As always I'll keep you guys updated! 

No comments: